Thursday, May 30, 2013

Experimenting Upon The Word - Desire to Believe

"Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."

Whether we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or those seeking to learn more about it, we have a desire to be believe.  Our belief is all teachings of the truth are not complete.  There is so much to learn, and we all have to start somewhere.

What do you desire to believe?

Alma said, “Even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe." (Alma 32:37)  

Desire is exactly where the Lord wants us to start on our path to belief and knowledge.  He will help us on this journey, by guiding us when we seek him.

For my Experiment on the Word, I have chosen the law of tithing.  To learn more about tithing go here.

I have been attending church since I was 14 years old.  I have always paid my tithing, but I have never deeply understood the law of tithing. I am happy to be pay and be obedient, but I have a desire to understand the reasons and blessings behind it.  I have desired this for a long time!  The Lord has provided me with an opportunity to teach a lesson on tithing to help me in my journey.  

I am excited to share what I learn, and hope you will share with me what you learn. 

What are you going to experiment on?


For more on the topic of believing, read or listen to Elder Jeffery R. Holland's recent general conference address.



No comments:

Post a Comment