Friday, May 17, 2013

Adversity in the Moment

"Let not your heart be troubled, ye believe in God, believe also in me."
John 14:1

I often find that during the middle of adversity is when I struggle with remembering God is with me. Like most people, we are going through an experience that is highly stressful. 

I have learned to manage this stress, I have to make active effort to remember the Savior. When I remember the Savior I am at peace. 

Here are a few things I do to keep my mind focused:

- Repeat a memorized scripture in my head over and over. (John 14:1 is currently my favorite for this purpose.)
-  Say a small prayer asking for strength whenever I need it.
- Reflect on the inspiration and personal revelation I have received. I have a list in the back of my calendar I can review at any moment.
- Call a friend to talk - not always about my problems. A conversation with a loving friend is always uplifting.
- Go for a hike and enjoy God's beautiful creation! This always brings me joy! We live in the Rocky Mountains and I love being able to hike by walking out my front door!

These are a few things I do to invite peace in my life. 

What do you do that we could try to apply in or lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment