Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Testimony Tuesday - Miracles

"they had ... many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day.  Nevertheless, because those miracles were worked by small means it did show unto them marvelous works." 
Alma 37:40-41

I have been trying to look for the hand of God in my life on a more daily basis, inspired by the above verse.  The preceding verses talked about the Liahona, a compass that pointed Nephi and his family in the direction that they should go while traveling to the Americas after leaving Jerusalem.  It only worked if they were diligent to the word of God.  This was one miracle in their life daily, but Nephi could recognize the miracles that God gave them everyday. 

I know he does this in my own life, in all our lives if we look for them and recognize them. 

Here are a few of the miracles in my life within the last week.

Yesterday while driving into town (I live about 11 miles from the closest town), I felt drawn to get off an exit that I do not normally take on my way to the store.  On the way I saw a bike that was the perfect size for my 2 year old daughter, who I believe was yearning for a bike of her own.  And this bike was free, I was so grateful to able to get this for my daughter.  And it is in excellent condition.

Driving home from church on Sunday we saw a baby elk!  Seeing wildlife in the mountains always seems like a gift from God.  Yesterday we also saw a fox with its dinner. 

We went on a walk a couple days ago up to a lake near our home.  Although it is June, spring has just begun! (We live at 10,500 feet elevation).  Up by the lake we were able to see two different varieties of wildflower.  I always look for them, and one of them was so tiny that it could have been easily missed.

We went to look at the lake right outside my door one day to see if we could find any fish to show my daughter.  We could not see any in the water, but a fishermen was kind enough to get the fish he caught out of the water to show my daughter. She touched them and then was excited to go inside to eat some fish.

Two weeks ago I was asked to teach Relief Society on Father's Day.  When I looked at the lesson schedule, I was disappointed that it was not chapter 11 in the Lorenzo Snow manual (it is chapter 12).  Then this last Wednesday the teacher needed to go out of town so she asked me to teach chapter 11 two days ago.  I had felt impressed to read the lesson before the request. I was so happy to teach this lesson, the lesson really touched me and I will share later what I learned while preparing before the lesson.  

I know we can see the hand of the Lord in our life everyday, if we just look and acknowledge the small things the Lord has done for us!

What miracles have the Lord blessed you with recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment